Monday, October 26, 2009

You can never go back home.

Most people know me as the loud guy from Kansas City. But before I lived in KC I lived in Atlanta for seven years. I would say that my childhood was in Atlanta. We had a great school and a great church. Since I have been down here in Atlanta I decided to go back and visit the places where I grew up. I can't really describe the feeling. Its kind of good and kind of sad. It's good because I can look back and see what an awesome childhood I had. My parents always had us busy doing something. We were not allowed to watch tv growing up and I don't think that I missed out on a thing. When my dad told us that we were going to move from Atlanta our hearts were broken. That was where are home was. Of course God knew what he was doing and Kansas City was the next great chapter in our lives. Going back was also good because It gave me a chance to reflect on how good God is. How he knows exactly what is best. He works through those that love him. In this case he worked through my dad when my dad decided to move. Coming back was almost a little sad because it made me remember all of the good times and I wish I had a better memory of them. I wish my mind could get transformed back to how it was when I was in 4th grade. I wish I could live like that for a day. I know these pictures won't mean anything to most of you but this was my life. And they mean something to the people that are most important to me.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

All of this just made me feel so sad... and why does the front of our old house look so beat up? And who let you go back there? Love you buddy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You three did have a wonderful childhood. You were always happy and ready to try something new.

I must admit that the house is not kept up as nicely as when you lived there.
ycy

Yarita said...

for reals yo! that house looks ROUGH!!! I remember the family videos your mom sent... it was REALLY nice... it doesn't even compare!