Friday, November 20, 2009

Kansas vs Central Arkansas

There are several things that I love. If you havent' ever read my blog and today is the first day that you ever have then you wouldn't know that my three favorite sports teams are the Kansas City Chiefs, the Kansas City Royals, and the Kansas Jayhawks. So if you are a first time reader welcome, and yes they are my favorites. Anytime I get to go to a game for free please believe that I do it. Yesterday I was offered seats five rows from the Jayhawks bench. They are probably the best seats I will ever have to a sporting event in my life. It was surreal sitting so close to my sports hero Bill Self. Here are some pictures and video of what my boy Sam and I did when we got into Lawrence. Here are the Highlights from the game. KU won by 50. It was gross.

I love this song

Bill Self doin his thing

Cole getting to funky for himself

Elijah Johnson said give me all three of these

How we do

Wayne Simien was probably the nicest athlete that I have ever met. He told me that it was nice to meet me and that he like my Royals hat. I make sure to look like a school boy in all of my pictures. After this I convinced him to suit up and dunk for our next picture.





















Mario's Miracle and my favorite basketball player of all time






















James Naismith Court and the Hardware

















I got a chance to meet some of the Hawk players right before I left. Here are bits in pieces of the conversation that I had with them. This is Tyshawn Taylor. I came up to him and said "You are fittin to turn this thing around dog." He said "yeah" then I replied "Its nothin dog" and he replied "yeah yeah". I felt like we really got to know each other.
















When Elijah Johnson came around the corner I said "Yo Elijah that 360 between the legs dunk you had was so sick. He started smiling and said "yeah man". Then I replied "seriously man when I saw that thing I started running around my house". He replied "yeah I was trying to do that in the game tonight but it didn't work out." I then thanked him for picking KU and he said "thanks for having me". I think he will become one of my favorites. Here is the footage of that dunk.
















I saw my man Xavier Henry next. This dude has been on my blog numerous times so you might know who he is. If you don't, he is the highest recruit Kansas has ever gotten and he is more then likely going to be in the NBA next year. I told him "Xavier man you had me stressing out this summer"(He almost didn't commint to KU). He replied "Ha ha" yeah didn't get much out of him either. He was very smiley though.
It was one of my favorite nights as a sports fan. Sorry that I posted so much about it. Actually I take that back. I am not sorry. My blog baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you, your experience, and the fact that your team won. There is one thing, the basketball player you took the picture with, will have to do much more than be a good basketball player to come even close to being the man your father is. I know your dad. No man can beat him, athlete or not.
ycy

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time.
ycy

Anonymous said...

Rich, Wayne Simien? I thought I was the nicest Athlete you have ever met? Oh well, I tried. How did you get those tickets anyway? Looks like it was a great experience for you. I'm fittin to hit up that Breslin Center in the next month or two and check out Tom Izzo and the boys up in Lansing. Thats one of the top 12 College Basketball Arenas I need to visit. I still need to hit up Allen Fieldhouse sometime, too.

Trey

Anonymous said...

You left out the part where you hooked up with Chase Buford after the game. I mean, at least choose a player on scholarship. Haha!