Monday, February 15, 2010

Some old dope T shirts

All my friends know that I love to reminisce. Thinking about the past is good and bad. A lot of the time something triggers my senses and takes me back to a time that is gone. Usually it is things like smells, the weather, music, or movies that remind me of the good ole days. Lately clothing has taken me back. You see I have had to organize my stuff because of the robbery that took place about 20 pages ago on this blog. As I was organizing my T shirt drawer today I took a trip down memory lane. I think you know what I’m talking about when I say that most people have a ton of T shirts that they will never wear ever but they can’t throw them away because they carry a sentimental value. Your clothing says volumes about who you are and who you used to be. Here are some of the T shirts that take me back


Here are some T shirts of my favorite sports teams that are terrible. This first picture is a shirt of Famous Kansas City Running Back Larry Johnson. He spit in a woman's face in a bar in Kansas City. And then he ruined my favorite sports franchise. If you'll look closely you will see that this shirt is autographed by Dwayne Bowe. This T shirt represents all the frustration and the mediocrity of Kansas City's two best players on offense the last couple of years. So disapointing. This T shirt I bought in 04. It was a year after the Royals almost made the playoffs. I got it for 5 dollars. It's Lima time. The Royals haven't sniffed the playoffs since then. This is quickly turning into a sad post.


We must protect Dis House. My one and only Intramural Basketball Championship

97-98 JV was sick son!











Here are two of my favorite T shirts that actually still wear. The first one was from project impact a couple years ago. In the 8 years I have been at Union I've only missed project impact once. I don't know where all the shirts went but I found this one this morning and it was one of the best ones in my opinion. I think the design of the paintbrush was awesome. I went to the Matt Talbot kitchen on that project impact. The other one is my P.E. shirt from elementary school. I still be rockin that mug.

Yowit, I'm still holding your Andre Rison sleevless T ransom from when I borrowed it from you in the 7th grade. Yes I wear it on game days, yes it probably fits you better, no you aint getting it back, if you want to get it you know where I live.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got like 40 of those UC INTRAMURAL B-BALL CHAMPS shirts.

(But that's because I designed them.)

-ed

Anonymous said...

Remember when you wore that Jose Lima shirt and your Royals pajama bottoms on opening day like four years ago in the cafe, and I was like "Rich, I didn't know it was halloween today" and then the whole table laughed and I felt really funny and you kind of got mad?.....Good times.

-Seth

Paradise said...

Jerk.