Monday, October 25, 2010

Football bullet points

  • Lets start with High School football.  The other day I was sitting in the cafe and I was watching Sportscenter.  A student was sitting in there with me and he said "Hey do you think if we got the best Union football players together we could give UNL a run for their money?"  My reaction was to laugh so hard that my Asian Noodle bar meal came out my nose.  I don't even want to talk about this anymore.  Except to say the best Union players would not beat any freshmen or sophomore teams at any Lincoln high schools.
  • Mizzou beat Oklahoma on Saturday night in Columbia.  Please if anyone can find Log that would be helpful. Last I heard he was streaking through the quad. 
  • The Chiefs have matched their win total from last year in week 6.  Man we were terrible last year.  Things are looking up baby!
  • My football diet has got to change.  I need more ruffage.  Might be an uncomfortable Monday and Tuesday if you know what I'm saying.  Check the twitter feed.
  • Denver got beat like a government mule by the Raiders.  I'm so happy that they are bad at football.
  • As I was chilling in the airport waiting for my flight after the game I noticed the reffing crew from today's game walk in.  The head ref Jerome Boger looked at me and he knew that I knew who he was.  He looked like he was feeling pretty good about himself.  When I got to Atlanta I got in the train to go to the baggage claim and Jerome walked right into the same train.  I started to talk to him and he told me that he thinks that the Chiefs will make the playoffs.  He also told me that the pass interference calls from today were the right calls (of course he is going to say that).  He loves Arrowhead and he thinks Todd Haley is a good coach.  He was a really nice guy.  Now everytime I am watching football with someone and he is the ref they have the misfortune of hearing my "I saw that dude in an airport" story.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like these bullets.

YCY said...

I do not enjoy reading your twitters. Some of them are gross and to read about your dietary habits disappoints me. I wonder where your mother went wrong? I know she never taught you to eat like this. Redeem yourself and do the right thing.

Your bullets are OK. I liked the last ones much better. I am glad the Chiefs won.

Paradise said...

-The only bullet points I don't like are Yarita's guilt-trip points.

-Both of those PI calls were marginal. Berry might've deserved it, but that Carr one was bogus.

-I always used to think that me, Aaron Purkeypile, Daniel Robinson, Stephen Carlile, and Brandon Bowles could give the Huskers a good "go" at it.

YCY said...

@ Paradise - Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yarita said...

What!? why are you hating??? I'm just looking out for the animals!

Melissa R said...

Rough diss on Union. Rough.
I like the "I saw that due in an airport" story...although it'll probably top out at 2 tellings around me.