Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wedding Picture Testimony


If you scroll down a little bit you will see my favorite wedding pictures of 2012. Spoiler alert: This is my favorite one. I was explaining why it was to someone and they said I should post that on here. So I will.
This is Wayne and Michelle Morrison. Their Daughter Lawren married my man Ronny "The Stick Man" Fogg this summer. It was a beautiful wedding out on some lake front property. Both Wayne and my man Mama Didn't Raise No Fool Buell Fogg took part in the homily. My pictures from that weekend can be seen hereherehere, and here.

 After the wedding we got to the reception and it looked like a scene from a fairytale. Lawren and her mom had worked for a long time to make the reception beautiful and memorable. I don't go to many weddings or receptions for that matter but I knew that this one was special. Everyone had arrived from the wedding when all of a sudden out of nowhere it started pouring down rain. Later I was talking to Mrs. Morrison and she told me that most people in Hutchinson didn't have one drop of rain that night. For some reason all of the rain was located at the reception site. People started running for cover. Some people were sitting in the chairs and some people were in line for food and they all made a b line for the garage. I was standing out in the middle of the downpour with my camera trying to find some trees or something to guard me from the rain. I looked up and saw Pastor and Mrs. Morrison. They weren't in a rush and they certainly weren't running. They embraced each other and started praying. It made a huge impression on me. I thought about the first thing I would have done. Hopefully I would have prayed. It didn't seem like an angry prayer, as you can see they seem to be at peace with God's decision.

The rain stopped ten minutes later. The reception went on and it was beautiful. It was wonderful to see God's faithfulness. I love that He cares. I love that He cares about everything. The Morrisons had no idea that I had taken this picture or that anyone had seen them until I told them later that night after the wedding cleanup was finished. Their actions were a testimony of God's love and I thank them for it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my absolute favorite pictures too. I have it franed at home. Thank you so much for capturing this moment. What a blessing!

Melissa R said...

This really is like a fairytale photo. I reread this a few days ago and still love it. Great capture.

Jutta Karin Schultz said...

Oh this is gorgeous....I love it, here I was shivering under the trees and you got this....Beautiful.....Thanks for sharing this...