Thursday, August 8, 2013

TBT Back and forth conversation with Mikeydise from 2010




So this is an aburdly long article written by myself and Mikeydise over facebook messages.  I'm sure if you read the whole thing you will be entertained.  Don't be alarmed by its length.  It will take six minutes to read.  Plus the jokes per sentence are very high.  If you can't get through it I recomend you sit your laptop by the bathroom.  That's what I did with my "West and the World" textbook and look where it has gotten me.  So hit the jump for this ridiculous thing.

Richard Young:


Yowit thanks for exchanging facebook messages with me for this amazing article that is on the world famous lovestopicnic.com. I was thinking about you and your situation in life. You are probably the luckiest unluckiest guy that I know. Let's start with when you were in the 7th grade. Everybody wanted to be your friend because you were funny and you had charisma. But on the other hand you had that awful mushroom haircut that denied you company with the ladies. Then when you came to high school you set scoring records on the basketball court. But it was on the JV squad. You created the funniest home video of all time "Cooking with Mikey" but only six people have seen it. You had the sweetest gig at the best camp in the world and now you are a student again. What do you think about all of this? How has this affected your view on life? Are you still twice as nice?
 
Michael Paradise:


It's been said, "The Diseman is like a well-groomed shrub: every time he tries to rise up, he gets cut back down to size." That was an actual quote from my barber throughout my childhood years. Unfortunately, due to some shady shampoo deals, he went to jail and was not a part of my life for very long. I think another factor was my mother (AKA JoJo had a home in Tucson, Arizona). She likes long hair on men, but failed to realize that I am not Fabio. It's been said, "The Diseman's hair is like Super Mario in level 1: It always gets to the mushroom." You can't make this stuff up.
When it comes to the court, I've still got it. By "it" I mean lower back pain that prohibits me from developing to my full potential from Junior Varsity.

Now, you want to talk "Cooking with Mikey?" Watch out! That mug is going to make an appearance on this blog soon...and the world will be changed. Finally, I got to do my dream job at the age of 23 years old. What a thrill! Working with unreasonable young minds, spending the summer in 100 degree heat, wearing a weighty pathfinder sash...wait a second...that job stunk!!! Just kidding, I wish I still had it. Too bad I had to make that stupid statement from the pulpit about El Salvadorian-Americans.

All in all, Mikeydise is no longer twice as nice...just nice.
Now, to turn the tables, let's talk Big Rich. I remember Big Rich before he liked to picnic. I remember Big Rich when he WAS digging a ditch. I even remember the days before Big Rich started his life's work that occupies so much of his time, and reaches people across the nation: his recruitment job. Please tell us about the impact that the comedy/hip-hop/filmmaking team of Yowit and DJ Mikeydise have had on the culture in the Midwestern United States of America.

"The Mushroom"





Richard Young:


That's a great question Mikey. (The world really needs to see "Cooking with Mikey" just so it can understand the inside jokes in this article.") There are some people that read this blog that have known me since I was a young sprite making a name for myself on the streets of South KC. Others didn't get to know me till later in my life when I was an older sprite making a name for myself during intramural basketball season. Still even others only know me for being a recruiter at Union. Hey! Newsflash everybody, I used to be good at basketball. Can someone please bring that up. I'm not just a recruiter. Dang! What were we even talking about? Oh yeah back in the day. It was widely known that the best Seventh Day Adventist rap duo in the Kansas-Nebraska Conference to not attend a boarding academy while still having strong willed mothers and laid back fathers from either the west coast or the east coast was DJ Miggedy Mike and Yowit. That is pretty much why lovestopicnic.com was created. Since we now live in different states I originally started this blog so we could lay down some sick beats and keep Adventist rap alive like it was the year 2001. The effect that we had on people's lives is too much to count. I mean think of all the ladies....well we didn't really date anyone till college...even then girls didn't like our raps. But we thought we were tight and that's what matters.

I think that we can both agree that we are hilarious people and can make people laugh at a moments notice. But what I would like to know is where you get your material from? Who are your main mentors in this "comedy game" Who are your influences? How did you go from a little known Italian kid from Kansas to an even lesser known Italian dad from Berrien Springs?

Michael Paradise:


The Paradise's have been comedians for generations. My father can bring the funny, just as his brothers, his father, and his father's father. The Paradiso family was actually a popular draw at the Sicilian comedy club, "The Vendetta." My greatest influences in the comedic game are my father (who invented the term: 'come on, man'), my Uncle Vic (who originally referred to me and Big Rich as the pnemonia brothers), and my brother Richie (who is responsible for the name 'yowit').

Over the years, every conversation between Big Rich and me have consisted of attempts to make each other laugh. That being said...I'm funnier. Now that the internet has come to the forefront of societal relations, a new dynamic has been introduced. Now, every time BR and I post something on Facebook or Twitter or lovestopicnic.com, we ask ourselves, "Is this somethign that IPTDaFoo would think is funny. We can deny it all we want, but Ed simply has that kind of influence. No, I don't like it, but that's the way things are.



Reminiscing about these things makes me think about the time we met, Big Rich. It may be considered the time that we first fell in love. Do you remember the night? I still do.



Richard Young:




Do I remember that night? Does a bear poop in the woods? Does Richard poop on lawns? Of course. It was the fun fair and you were dressed as a clown and I was dressed as pimp. Funny how that night is a microcosm of our lives.



I'm glad that you brought up Iptdafoo. Because frankly I'm beginning to resent the guy a little bit. I mean he has a guest article on this blog and it quickly becomes the most commented article on here (I'm going to reblog that mug soon cause it's too hilarious.) He has taken over the "funny facebook statuses" for the Mid America Union. If I hear that one more person's day was brightnened by one of his statuses I'm goin to puke up my chocolate silk milk. But in another way I'm glad he's here to pick up the slack for the other thirty something Adventists who are mad at the world and make facebook bootsybook.






When I looked over your influences in this "comedy game" I realized that you have been groomed to be the "golden child". I myself have had an uphill battle to be where I'm at. I'd like to compare you to Ben Stiller. Ben's dad is Jerry Stiller who played Mr. Costanza on Seinfeld. He had some of the best scenes on that show ever. He would be Richard Paradise Sr. You have come along and taken this game to the next level. But some still think your dad is funnier then you. Your dad was funny before you were around and he is still funny to this day. Look for him on twitter soon @Goombreh. I'd like to compare myself to...Ludacris. Wait for it. Just like Luda I came up on the streets of the ATL singing songs about area codes and bags full of weed (actually I think the similarities stop at coming up in the ATL. I don't smoke weed.) Luda's family probably isn't that funny and neither is mine with the exception of Dr. Young's puns. So I came from ashy to classy with little help from my loved ones. I do understand that you haven't had much help from Samantha and Jo Jo but you had the foundation laid out.





So with that I just want to thank you for doing these facebook messages with me and depending if people like this or not I could see us doing another one of these the closer we get to football season. Maybe next time we can talk about how our wives are eerily similar and how Michael Shofner stole my bungee/skydive joke.

Michael Paradise:


While I don't deny that both Jerry Stiller and Luda are two of the funniest people of all time, I'm going to have to suggest that you are giving "Yowit Sr." a little too much credit. In fact, take him off of my comedy influences list.

When it is all said and done, it comes down to me and you, Big Rich. The question at hand is: Who is funnier? The answer at hand is: Me. Well, this article has injured our friendship, but we still tight. I am funnier. The end.

Editor's note:  Lovestopicnic.com does not agree with the last two sentences of this stupidly long article.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

There is only one word for this relationship...Bromance.