Sunday, February 26, 2012

Border War Bullet Points

  • Because I went on a walk after church I wasn't really thinking about the game all day which is probably a good thing.
  • When I started watching the game I was expecting for KU to come out to a big lead.
  • At halftime I was not pleased.
  • I started fast forwarding free throws.  I was getting really frustrated with my team.
  • All I could think was that of all the games that you can lose this is the last possible game you would want to lose.
  • Then KU came back.
  • It reminded me of Roy William's teams that got behind and made huge comeback only to come up short in the end.
  • But they actually came back.
  • I am so happy.  Eight in a row.
  • Now Missouri fans are going to complain about the refs.
  • I can understand why they would.
  • There were some questionable calls.
  • Just like the end of the game in Columbia.
  • Truth is Mizzou should have won this game and KU should have won the game in Columbia.
  • But you can't give up a 19 point lead and you can't lose when you are up eight under two minutes.
  • Losers complain about refs.  If you don't want the refs to decide the game then you need to play better.  
  • These are both good teams.  Both could make a final four run.  Both could flame out early.  That's why they call it March Madness.

No comments: