Thursday, June 14, 2012

4 years


  • NaTaTa and I have been married for four years today.  So all of yall that had under four years in the office pool are out.
  • It's taken about four years but I'm starting to grasp how much Natalie doesn't like my socks on the floor.
  • I don't think Wallo understands the significance of this occasion.  He has barely mentioned it.
  • Here are how are four years have gone.
  • Year one:  False confidence that I know anything about being married.
  • Year two:  Realization that I know nothing about being husband/married.
  • Year three:  Beginnings of hope that I am starting to understand what it is to be a husband/married.
  • Year four:  False Alarm!!! I still know nothing!!!
  • Sometimes I wonder if we knew who we were on June 15, 2008.  I knew it was a good idea to get married.  I knew that we were crazy in love with each other.  But did I know who Natalie was?  Did she know who I was?  Probably not.  Good thing she is an amazing person.
  • Sometimes when we are sitting in silence I look over to her and actually feel like we are one person.  I know her thoughts.  She knows my thoughts.  We are on the same page and we are moving forward in the same direction.  
  • Then she says something and I think False Alarm!!! Who is this Person?!   I have no idea what she thinks.    I don't think I ever will.  And that's fine.
  • Natalie Rose Young is my heart.  Happy Anniversary baby.  It started when we were young.

5 comments:

Trina said...

Sweet post. Happy anniversary!

Miriam said...

Happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, broseph!

Lauren said...

No way! It's been 4 years already? Congratulations!

Betty C said...

Happy Anniversary, Richard and Natalie! Sorry that this is a day late. Enjoyed the clip. It brought back a lot of memories.