Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.

I love commencement addresses as you probably know. This guy was good. He said something that matters and is relevant to our time. When I hear a commencement address from a secular place I am always interested in seeing how God is involved. It seems to me that they are saying the same thing that we are saying but substituting words in for God. Instead of blessings they use the word "luck". Instead of living for God they say be selfless. If there is any kind of good in this world it has to come from God. I think this guy has it right when he says that living selflessly is a lot happier of a life. But what he fails to mention is that living selflessly is better because living for God is what true Joy is all about.

No comments: