Sunday, August 30, 2009

#10 The Dark Knight, 2008




The first time I ever wrote a blog was back last summer on Myspace. My first two blogs that I wrote were about the movie "The Dark Knight". I had been waiting so long to see this movie. It did not disapoint me. I saw it three times in the theater. There are only a few movies good enough for me to go three times to see. So here it is all the way from the summer of 2008. I wrote this about 4 days after I saw the movie.

I am speechless. Actually if I was speechless I would not be writing this but that is how I genuinely felt the moments after leaving the Edgewood theater at three in the morning on July 18. I got in the car and I turned to my buddy Andrew and I said "Dude, what did you think about it". He replied "I thought it was good". I thought to myself "yes, it was good." But I could not put my thoughts together. I got in my bed and my thoughts were going a million miles an hour. I know what your thinking right now. Cause I am thinking it to. Your thinking Richard shut up your letting everyone who reads this know how big of a nerd/retard you are. I know I am. And I can't help it. The next day I went to see it again with my wife. (It is really cool to say that). When we were driving home we had an in depth conversation about "Batman". She said some things about batman that offended me and I had to remind myself that it was a movie. But she generally liked it so it wasn't that bad. In the days after batman I am still thinking about it. I am sad to say I am experiencing a little bit of post partum depression. If you don't know what that is ask your mom. I feel like I have been waiting for my whole life and now it is over. My feelings went from if I don't see this movie soon I am going to go crazy, to that was the most amazing thing ever, to being sad again. I have decided to turn my madness at people that get to see it for the first time. You see I will never have that experience again (I already saw it). I think to myself "They don't deserve to see it for the first time, they won't cherish that moment as much as I did". Maybe I am just a sad little man. But don't worry this won't last long because the next Bond movie comes out in November. If you still don't have anything to do at night the Royals are still losing. If you are in KC this weekend I am preaching at Bethel come see if I have anything good to say or if I just spend thirty minutes talking about "The Dark Knight"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 10?! Holy cow... I thought this was gonna be top 5. Maybe even 3. I'm very interested to see what comes next...


Cizzle

Unknown said...

That was moving Rich. Simply poetic.