Tuesday, August 25, 2009

#16 Forrest Gump, 1994

This movie is like comfort food. Whenever you just want a movie to take you back you watch this one. The first time I watched this movie was while I was in the 5th grade. I cried when Bubba died. My favorite line is "I think it was her grandma's dawg". This movie is so great that I don't need to explain why. During one of the last summers while I was in college I was at home for a little while. I always stayed up really late. One night all I wanted to do was watch Forrest Gump. It was the last summer that I lived with my sister. My sister is a very responsible girl and she would always go to sleep at the right time. I remember begging her to watch this movie with me. Finally she agreed to watch it with me and we stayed up forever. I guess some of these movies are so great because of who I watched them with and when I watched them. It could not be truer for this movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I lied earlier... Forrest Gump and Shawshank Redemption are tied for first on my list.

-J. Hizzy

Miriam said...

Awww, I remember that:) And we did that with Casablanca and the English Patient too. I remember we watched a ton of movies that summer, and all of them seemed to go till 2 am. good times