Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Z Man

I love sandwiches. I think this has been documented. I recently had one of the best sandwiches that I have ever had in my life. As most of you know I am a Kansas City boy. I love everything about Kansas City. I know my town. There are four places to eat in KC that you need to go to if you call yourself a Kansas Citian. I have finally eaten at all of them. Gates, Jack Stack, Arthur Bryants, and Oklahoma Joe's. That's right I'm talking about barbecue. All summer long I have been craving some Kansas City barbecue. I don't like to eat barbecue in any other place because it is usually a big disappointment. And after this sandwich I don't think I will be eating at Famous Dave's anymore out of principle.
 I showed up to Oklahoma Joe's the night before and the cop told me I was too late cause it had already closed.  This was insult to injury after the ticket I received in on the way down. The next day I was able to make it there before it closed.  The line was very short but I hear it usually lasts 45 minutes to get some food. The Sandwich is the Z Man. It is Beef Brisket topped with cheese if you want (I don't want) and two onion rings. It sounds simple. It was amazing. Sandwiches might be creeping up on hot dogs and pizza on my top 5 list.



1 comment:

Melissa R said...

That meat looks like it's been dead since E.G.W.'s years.