Saturday, March 7, 2009

Congrats Mustangs







I was given the honor of coaching the Midland Mustangs Alumni Ladies a couple of weekends ago. It was a good game and we had a good game plan but in the end the Midland ladies ended up beating us by a bucket. Now I wrestled with this loss until I saw what they did to the field during the Mid America Union basketball tournament. Lets just say we held our own against these ladies, and I don't feel quite as bad anymore. Plus give me a couple practices and we take care of business next year. The boys game was a harder pill for me to swallow. You see when you go to Midland you develop a certain amount of pride. Especially when it comes to the basketball court. We have had many good teams but up until this year only one had won the Union tournament. That would be my senior year 2002. Not a big deal. Ok kind of a big deal. Every year the Mustangs and the Alumni talk trash and every year since 2002 the Alumni take care of busniness. 2002 was the last year Midland beat the Alumni. What a coincedence that was my senior year. Well this year the game was close and Midland pulled out the one point victory. It was especially hard on me because I look at the game of basketball as all about having fun. And its not fun to lose. Once again I did not feel as bad later on when I saw what the Midland boys were able to accomplish at the tournament. I was extremely proud about the way they played. The championship game was incredible and Jordan Breyer hit the biggest shot in Midland history. I was so happy for them. The way that both teams won this year was just like the way we both won in 2002. While I was watching the two teams celebrate I got a little nostalgic. That was a weekend that no one will forget quickly. I am happy that I was able to be their to witness it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of the Midland Mustangs, and I am especially proud of you.
YCY