Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rachel Getting Married


Last night my wife and I saw the movie Rachel Getting Married. If you happen to be looking for a good movie to see I recomend this one. It stars Anne Hathaway as a woman who has just gotten out of rehab and has to go to her sister's wedding. Hathaway was nominated for best actress for this role. The movie is directed by Jonathan Demme. Throughout the whole movie you don't know if you like Anne Hathaway's character or if you hate her. You feel the same about the sister. The movie's rehearsal dinner sequence was especially interesting because we have all been at these slightly awkward situations when two families are getting to know each other and meeting all the relatives. It takes you back to all the weddings that you have been to where it is such a joyous occasion but you only really know half of the people there. The story made me think about my family. Not because my family is in any way close to the family in the movie but because it reminded me that after it is all said and done our family will always be with us. These are the people that will know you and love you for you whole life. It is extremely important to be close with them and be able to love and forgive them. So check out Rachel Getting Married and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would rather watch this as well if my team was getting slapped around by Baylor! Sorry about the cheap shot... I could not resist


J.