Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brazilian Pizza Joint

My first experience in a Brazilian restaurant was a pizza place called Joe Bananas.  Everyone has been telling me that Brazil knows what it is doing when it comes to pizza so I was looking forward to this for a while.
Now most places to eat in Los Estados Unidos are the same.  You sit down, order, and soon enough your food comes and you eat it.  That is not the way it is here.  In Brazil you sit down and there are waiters walking around the place with different kinds of food.  They stop at your table and ask you if you want some.  You say yes and they put it on your plate.  You say no and they move on.  I didn't know this was how it worked.  So after I sat down I started to look around for the menu.  The Brazilians that were with me laughed at me.  "Menu, hahahahaah".  I didn't think this was funny.  I didn't understand how I was going to get a nice mozzarella with sauce pie if I couldn't order it.  They explained to me how it worked and then we moved on.
Like I was mentioning before Brazilians love to be out of the house.  When they go to eat they take their time.  They are in no rush and they enjoy their meal for an hour and a half.  Now you see how this could be a problem for your boy because of all of the milk.  When I take pills they don't last for the whole day.  They last for about thirty minutes.  So I needed the pizza now.  I can't be sitting there eating cheese all day. Feel meh?
They kept bringing the pizza by the table and there were some good ones.   There were also some BooC ones.  The ones that I could do without had some Brazilian cheese that look like it came out of a squeeze bottle.  Also there was one with dried meat on it...pass.  They were inventive with some corn on their pizza as well.  I always had to ask my people what was on the different pizzas because like I have mentioned before on this blog I don't speak portuguese.  At the end they brought some chocolate pizza and some ice cream pizza.  By that time it was to late for your boy to have the ice cream.  All in all it was a good time.  And even though some of the pizza was wak, I had fun with my people.

1 comment:

Paradise said...

That is not pizza.