Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bullets

  • When Izaby Da Baby came down into the cave to watch the game he screamed out "Let's go UNC!"  The cave erupted in dismay and Michael quickly gave Isaiah a spanking.  Ok he didn't give him a spanking but he did say that we were rooting for Kansas.  Izaby da Baby was cool with that.


  • KU has made it to the Final Four.  I am thrilled.  


  • I have talked many times about what makes a successful season in college basketball.  It is really all based on expectations.  I guess you could say that about anything in life.  


  • Norfolk State had the best season in it's history and it didn't even get to the second weekend.


  • Syracuse had a disappointing season and they made it to the elite eight.  It was disappointing because their potential was sky high.


  • That being said the last two years have been very disappointing for me as a Jayhawks fan. 


  • If you are 1 seed and you don't make it to the Final Four you are allowed to be sad.  


  • Far too much weight is put on the NCAA tournament in judging if you had a successful season or not.  Since Bill Self has been at Kansas he has had an amazing run.  But too many times all that people will remember is the last game. 


  • This season is a success and I will remember it forever.  What happens next is just gravy.  If KU wins the National Championship it will be like the two previous seasons when the best teams did not win.  They just got on a run at the right time.  And please don't tell me UCONN was the best team last year and Duke wasn't tight the year before that.


  • What I will say is that this is Bill Self's worst team players wise that he has had at Kansas.  Go ahead and look at the rosters from the team's he has had since he has been at KU.  That is what makes this year that much more special.  North Carolina had six McDonalds All Americans.  Kansas doesn't have any.


  • The years that always stand out for me in my mind when thinking of my time being a Jayhawks fan are 02, 03, 08, and now 12.  Four final fours in 10 years isn't to bad if you ask me.  


  • Also read this about Bill Self
  • 2 comments:

    C.Guty said...

    I am so glad UNC lost. And I want Kentucky to lose, so I guess I am rooting for KU. Be proud. And I could careless about those other schools.

    Unknown said...

    Well said, Big Rich. Well said.