Monday, September 21, 2009

A losery/fun weekend


This weekend was amazing,fun,sad, and depressing. I will start with the depressing. The Chiefs loss was a bad, terrible, ugly loss. It is hard, really hard to be a Chiefs fan right now. If you have been following my blog from the beginning you have probably seen several articles about my depressing sundays. As I was making the three hour drive back to Lincoln I did the thing I do after every loss. That includes: Second guessing the decisions of the coaching staff, look for the silver lining, look deeper for the silver lining, remind myself that its just a game, realize that I have spent alot of money on this "game", embrace the sadness and look foward to next sunday when we have a chance to upset the Mcnabbless Eagles.
Because the Chiefs lost and I am such a huge fan that made the weekend a little depressing but besides that the weekend was amazing. Taking away the Chiefs performance everything else was great. I got to take my man Buell to his first Chiefs game. Mary and Seth were a joy to have in the car for six hours. When we got back Kathy had a lemon and pecan pie waiting for us. For me it does not get better then a pecan pie. Friday night I had an awesome cake made by my wife. I got to kick it with my boy Chase in town from the left coast. And Sabbath was a wonderful day of rest. So what I am trying to tell you is that I am trying to look at sports in a different light. There were days before this one where I would have probably let this loss take everything out of me and been miserable for the rest of the week. Not anymore. This is going to be a great week which will end with an awesome road trip to Enterprise KS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ay, it was a good time yesterday. Thanks for the tickets again. I went for the Chiefs game, but I'll remember it for the 'Old Timers Breakfast Special at Cracker Barrel!

-Seth G.

Anonymous said...

Get like me... Good to see you this weekend, bro. Really glad we got to kick it. Them bottles still be popped.


Ferrari

Lyndsey said...

Ya, my Cowboys lost in the last 4 seconds. And the sad thing is, we all saw the loss coming and there was very little we could do about it. The score was 31-30, the Giants were within field goal range, and the clock was just ticking as they moved closer and closer and finally made the kick. :( Oh well. There's always next week! And now I want pecan pie. mmmm.