Monday, January 31, 2011

Memory Lane Bullet Points

  • There are two things that take me back more then anything.  Weather and Music.  
  • When spring rolls around I think back to my senior year of high school.  I love it when the weather gets warm enough that you can be outside but there is still a chill in the air.  You can see the buds on the trees and you hope more snow doesn't come and ruin them.
  • Music is just as powerful.  These are some songs that take me back.
  • The song "Linger" by the Cranberries takes me back to my first summer working at Union in 06.  That summer keeps getting farther and farther away.  I listened to this song on repeat that summer.
  • Any of the first three songs on the "Thank Me Later" album by Drake reminds me of the GC last summer.  I would walk around Atlanta with that album blazing.
  • The song "#41" by Dave Mathews takes me back to when my brother got his drivers license.  Miriam had made mix cd with that song on it and we listened to it in Michael's car as we drove around KC.
  • "Sky Might Fall" by Kid Cudi takes me back to the month I started this blog.
  • "Thugz Mansion" by Nas and Tupac takes me back to my dorm room with my buddies
  • "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service takes me back to when I met my wife.
  • Listening to anything off the first two Jars of Clay albums takes me back to New Haven Pathfinders.

No comments: