Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The French Laundry, Per Se





I was taking a look at New York's best restaurants here.  These places are interesting to me.  How much money would I be willing to pay to eat a meal like this.  If Natalie and I went to Per Se the next time we were in New York it would cost us $700.  I don't see how it is possible for that to be worth it for us.  It would be a once in a lifetime thing to eat at one of these places.  If you did you could say that you ate at the best place to eat in the world and not very many people would argue with you.  But there are two reasons that I would probably never eat at a place like this.  The first one being I don't think I would be a good steward of the blessings God has given me if I ate at place like this with the amount of money I have.  Secondly I would be so nervous about how much money the meal cost that I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.  The whole meal long I would be asking myself if it was worth it.  Most likely there would be several courses that I would not be able to eat.  I would hate for one of the courses to be shrimp or some kind of other unclean meat.  If you didn't pick up from the videos these places do not give you a choice of what you eat.  They just bring out course after course and you eat whatever the chef has decided for that day.  Exciting for everyone else.  Nerve-wracking for me.  Next time I'm in New York I'll stick to those all beef dirty water hot dogs.  I think I can swing three bucks for a couple of dogs.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

It is my understanding that the French Laundry has a vegetarian prix fixe menu.