Saturday, January 23, 2010

For my real people only.

The other day I was looking at Facebook and Alyssa Graves had posted something on my wall. It said "If the world was going to end tomorrow what would Richard Young do today? Her answer as it turns out was the correct one. "Blog about it". Something happened today that shook my world a little bit and now I am going to blog about it. My house was robbed today. After I got off of work I wen't into the cafeteria and had lunch with Ambure, Kati, and Azriel. When I was done with that Logan and I went to the mall. We were there for a while and when I pulled up to 52nd and Prescott I noticed that my garage door was open. I thought to myself "Natalie must have gotten off of work early. When we moved foward I realized that our car wasn't in the garage. I then wondered if Natalie had left for work this morning and forgotten to close it. Maybe I hadn't noticed it when I left the house to walk to work. Logan dropped me off and I unlocked the door from the garage and walked into our eating area. The house seemed windy. As I scanned the room something just didn't feel right. The back door was completely open. At this moment I still didn't realize what had happened. I instinctively called out for Natalie. When she didn't answer I went downstairs and walked into the man cave. My TV was gone. My first thought was about Jason Odenthal cause when I lived in the hole behind the nail shop on 48th street he snuck in and took about 200 of my dvd's. But this was to crazy for even Jason. As I walked around the rest of the house I realized that these guys had gone through my whole house rummaging through my drawers. When I looked into my bedroom my bottom drawer that holds my jeans was open and all of them were gone. That is when I knew that I had been jacked. I dialed 911 and then hung up. I knew who I had to call. Ron Dodds. Ron gave me the number for the police. When the jake finally showed up I walked out the door of my garage yelled out "Hey 5-0 (you can't make that stuff up). I broke down to them what happend. For the next hour and a half I walked around my house with the police trying to see what was missing. After they left I sat in my front room shell shocked. If you haven't ever had anything stolen from your house then I hope it never happens to you. It is a very intrusive feeling. You feel exploited and violated. The worst day of my life is when my family's minivan was stolen in Memphis and my puppet beaver was still in the car. I feel the same feelings now that I felt then. The only way I can describe it is to say that it hurts your stomach and you feel nauseated. After sitting down and digesting the situation I have come up with several thoughts.
1. Why did they take all my ties? I have an awesome tie collection that has been building up over time. Natalie has gotten me some ties throughout these last three years that really meant something to me. Now some dude is walking around with my ties. I bet he doesn't even know how nice they are. How is he planning to move these things? Does he have a tie guy that can get him a good deal? Stupid.
2. Why did they take all of my basketball shoes? Seriously. I have a game on Tuesday. My squad has been hoopin. also what's wrong with the patent leather gray high tops? What you didn't like those? Hater.
3. Praise God I have renter's insurance. I must throw a shout out to Tom Young. When I was living in the hole I was living in my dad told me to get renter's insurance and I did like a good boy. Now when the check comes I'm poppin tags. We hitting the mall. I'm leasing a new whip. If I don't the terrorists win.
4. Why did they take all my dress shirts? Do these guys have a job interview coming up. Oh and thanks for stealing those Dockers my mom bought me they didn't even fit. And now I'm getting paid. In ya face bad guys.
5. Praise God that I didn't pull up when they were in my house. Not cause I would have done anything but because I am thankful that I wasn't in harm's way. I am also thankful that Natalie wasn't in harm's way. When it all boils down I am just out some stuff. My wife is here next to me and she is great. God has taken care of my family so far and I am not going to doubt him now. I am pretty sure that I will never see any of the things that were stolen from my house today. I am not that heartbroken over it. I loved my TV but I'll get a new one. I needed to stop playing Modern Warfare 2 anyway. I liked my clothes but I can try some new ones on. I think I'm just going to have faith in God and see how he works everything out. I know he will. I am excited to see how.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. First things first. It obviously wasn't a friend, because any friend would have destroyed your TK Society's.

Second, if they by chance would have taken all your DVD's, you still would've had The Sopranos seasons 1-4. That's kind of good thing.

Third, yea someone's lucky we didn't role up when them dudes were in your house cause then we woulda had to go through with that 911 call. Woulda had to roll them ninjas** out in black bags.

~Log

Lyndsey said...

I'm sorry Richard. My family's house was robbed when I was a bit younger and it really is a horrible feeling. You really do feel violated. Somebody burst into your safe haven with no respect and destroyed it. I like what you said about "what's wrong with the patent leather gray high tops?", haha, I remember thinking that about some of the things that they didn't take of ours. And yet, they took most of our home videos on VHS? What? I'm really glad you have renters insurance! Getting new shiny things helps to soften the blow :) And I also remember being thankful, like you said, that none of us were home when it happened. And I'm glad that neither of you were home either. Glad your safe, and enjoy your new stuff!

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry. This sickens me. These are people that have made the decision to be controlled by Satan, and they have definitely glorified him. Our God is stronger than Satan and in the end, our Lord will be the Victor. I am so thankful that you and Natalie were not hurt. Everything can be replaced, but Richard and Natalie cannot be replaced. You two are the most valuable things in that house. Dr. Thomas Young was very smart to encourage you to get renter's insurance, and you were very smart to follow his suggestion.
ycy

Miriam said...

Buddy I am so sorry! this is so sickening! Thank goodness for your renters insurance, but this is still such a stinky deal. I'm glad you weren't home and that you're safe and the same with Natalie. That really is all that matters. I love you both and I'll pray that you guys are able to fill some of those empty spaces (so sorry about the ties buddy).

I LOVE YOU

ed said...

dang, my brotha...that is terrible! Glad you're ok and that your wifey is ok too.

I'm no CSI dude, but it sounds like someone knows what you had at home. I hope they find them and get your stuff back AND that you get a phat (are you kid still saying "phat"?) check from the insurance.

I got some ties I HAVE to get rid of. I'll see you at CVC!
-ed

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Rich and Natalie, but I am so thankful you are both okay. We were robbed last year while we were sleeping and I feel you on how violated you feel when someone goes into your house and takes what they want. Rich if you need any help with the insurance Tony would love to help, that's what he deals with ALL day at State Farm. love ya guys!

Taryn

Unknown said...

Rich, your attitude in the midst of this is awesome. I'll be praying for you and Natalie.

Yarita said...

yo... i barely found out last night what happenend... and I couldn't call today... but i'll call you tomorrow... really sorry about that man... and i was thinking about the tie you got down here at rodeo... is that gone too... thats messed up...


I think its someone you know... and that person is a gay...

really sorry about that...

Heather said...

What is comforting at a time like this? Probably nothing. I'm so sorry. It seems like you have a lot of good people around to support you. Lean heavily on them.

Take care.

Kati Britton said...

Since the moment you told me...i've been praying... for Natalie...I'm sorry this happened Rich.

IRNHIDE said...

Dude that sucks. Mike Adams told me, I'm really sorry to hear that but it's awesome that you have such a positive attitude about it! That's cool that your dad suggested insurance and you took his advice. I think some people feel that as we get older we don't need our parents anymore but I feel that their wisdom is more important the older we get.