Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tourney Bullet Points Wednesday

  • So I have some bad news for anyone who reads this blog that doesn't like the Mid America Union Basketball Tournament.  Cause that mug is taking over this blog and my life for the next four days.
  • Here are a few things that will not be on my blog in these next few days: cats, kicks, funny videos, anything to do with Mikeydise, videos that mean anything to anyone, SNL sketches, stories about my past, and Koala videos.
  • I am going to do my best to give you a recap of what happened during the day of games and my take on how the teams are looking.  We also have a few surprises for later in the tournament.
  • I am really sad that GPA closed down.  I miss the sea of Orange.
  • Tonight I was the site supervisor at CVA so I didn't get to see the incredible action at the Thunderdome but this is what happened:  CVA girls put an old fashioned style beating on the Campion girls.  And then the game after was...I don't know.
  • At CVA the Ricky Lee led Spartans took on the Wayne Morrison led Huskies.  A fun game for all in attendance. 
  • The Spartans were almost completely out of the game but they stormed back to tie it.  The Huskies pulled it together and out rebounded the Spartans down the stretch to seal the victory. Tyler Morrison was running the clock.  I am pretty sure that the girls played an extra thirty minutes because of Tyler never starting the clock.  The clock was at 3:04 in the second quarter for at least 7 minutes.  Don't worry Tyler you'll never have to run the clock again.
  • The nightcap was a match up between the Campion Cougars and the College View Eagles.  Before the game my buddies and I were wondering where the line for this game would be set at.  We agreed that Campion was 13.5 point favorites.  Everyone took Campion but I decided to take CVA and the points. 
  • This is the first Campion game that I have witnessed that didn't have someone...anyone on the bench named Beans.  It was weird.  It was a back and forth game.  CVA played hard and had a chance to control the game halfway through the 3rd quarter. 
  • But Campion took over down the stretch and won by 13 points.  You know what that means.  I won.  CVA covered the spread.  If we would have actually put money on this game I would be sitting pretty. Rollin!!!
  • It's one in the morning and there is alot of basketball to watch tomorrow.  Peace.

No comments: