Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tourney Bullet Points

  • I had fun playing basketball in college.  But it did not compare with playing basketball for Midland.  
  • In the four years that I played in the Union Tournament we drove home happy once.  
  • I've lost in this tournament every way you can imagine.
  • My freshman year we lost two games in the last minute.  This was the best team I was on in High school and we didn't get close to the championship game.
  • My sophomore year we played in the championship game and lost by as many points as Mark had, 32.  This was my first year as a starter.  This was the first of four Midland vs Campion Championship games in a row.
  • My Junior year we fouled Brit out and thought we had the game and then we lost by four.
  • My senior year we won.  I can remember that day pretty vividly.  I keep going back in my mind to the bus ride home.  I can remember that I could not believe that we had won the game.
  • Losing hurts people in different ways.  Some people love to win, others hate to lose.  I think I am in the category of hating to lose.  
  • The Midland girls lost tonight ending their season.  Losing is part of life.  But it still feels terrible.
  • I'm proud of my Mustangs for playing hard all season.  

1 comment:

YCY said...

Yes, they lost, but if the girls gave it their all we cannot ask anymore from them. They can lose with dignity. Something needs to be said about losing with dignity. You give it your all by using all the skill that God has given you, knowing that you could not have given any more. Then you know that you have done your best. It is all that God asks from us, win or lose.