Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Iowa

If you live in Nebraska you would have heard by now that the Missouri and Platte rivers are flooding. This has something to do with the snow melting up in Montana. I don't really care why it is happening but I do know that it is cramping my style. Due to the flooding I had to change my usual route to Kansas City when I went down this weekend. I took a right and headed down 75 when I got to Nebraska City instead of driving all the way into Hamburg and getting on 29. Hamburg has experienced some of the worst of the flooding. Eventually I made my way over to Rockport and got on 29 there. I don't think I lost much time. On the way back to Lincoln is a different story. When I got to Rockport I tried to take the backroads agains so that I could skip the river and get back to Nebraska City where I could meet hwy 2. Only thing is that road was closed due to flooding as well. I went into a gas station and asked what I should do if I was heading to Lincoln. She said "You're screwed". This worried me. "You have to drive all the way back to St. Joe or drive up to Council Bluffs". Driving back to St. Joe to come all the way back was not interesting to me. So I added two hours to my trip and drove through the back roads of Iowa to Omaha where I caught 80 into Lincoln. While driving on these backroads I saw so many interesting things that I wanted to photograph. But since I was late I didn't want to deal with it. I pulled over for a second and took these shots. I guess Iowa can be nice in its own way.



1 comment:

Miriam said...

These are awesome buddy!!