Friday, January 1, 2010

Warriors!

Ok This is my New Years gift to everyone. This thing is a great video. I have watched it alot. My dude Brendan did a great job with this a couple years ago and now we are going to reap the benefits. I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't disect this video and give you some highlights so here we go. The voice you are hearing at the beginning is not legendary Lakers announcer Chick Hearn it's Mama didn't raise no fool Buell Fogg. This year he passed 700 games announcing at Union College(This last part is just a guess but you know you believed that mug). The intimadating arena that the warriors play in is called the Thunderdome. In the last 8 years nobody has spent more time in the T dome than me. What do I have to show for it? I digress, lets get back to the video. What is the first shot of the vid? I know you think It's Zac booming on someone. Nope. It's Chase missing a three pointer. But don't worry Chase you are goin to get yours later in the vid. How about it looks like Union couldn't have possibly missed a shot this year. Julian Nelson hitting from everywhere. Cole Hagle nailing the 18 footers. Even Alex Cabrera gets in the mix. I also noticed something in this video that I hadn't when I was at the games, Michael Polite is nasty. Watch closely at 2:18 cause that dude has no chance against the candyman. Also at 2:29 he makes that clown look foolish. Force has range for years. Travis has the best part of the video where he briefly does the airplane at 2:58. If you missed that you must really go back and see it again(I got you Seth). Even though Michael has some nasty moves on the vid. The nastiest shake has to go to Drewbob at 3:03, I have never in my life seen him shake someone that bad before or since. Props to Chase for finishing that mug off with a triple. Oh Snap Michael rolled on the ground at 3:30. That is an illegal move I'm sure. Chase also has a sick highlight at 3:57 when he tosses some poor kid's junk. You got him nasty Chase. It's 50! The last dunk in the video actually sealed a win for us against Heston College. So there it is. The Union College Warriors 05-06. The video is posted right under this. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool video, Rich. Props to Brendan. Where are the Carlos Mott, Britt Sigh, Andy Larson, and Matt Gal highlights, though? I'm thinking some of these young bucks don't know about those guys. All those guys played on the team at one time, you know? I'm sure Dodds still has game footage of those cats too.

Trey

Andrew D Wilson said...

Not to nit-pick but I believe this was the 06-07 Warriors, the only year I had season tickets.

Emily said...

i second andrew_wilson, because that was definitely my freshman year.

Anonymous said...

roger sterns at 4:03 . . . god knows what he did next!

GAME OVER said...

I think my favorite part is when Chase strikes a pose.