Thursday, June 24, 2010

General Conference bullet points #1

  • Peace up A town down!
  • Today I was in the mall wearing a Braves hat.  I ran into two thuggish looking dudes and they were both wearing Royals hats.  When is somebody going to tell these dudes that the Royals aren't cool.
  • It's pretty hot here.
  • Thought I would run into some Adventists at the mall.  I didn't see any so I tried my first cigarette.  Hey the coast was clear.
  • I am going to be in Atlanta for a while.  I need to make it to a Waffle House at least three times.  A Shoney's at least twice.  I would like to be called "Honey" or "Sweetheart" by sixty year old waitresses as much as possible.
  • I called Natalie when I got to my hotel room.  When she answered I couldn't really hear anything because there was what sounded like really loud trance music going on in the background.  Natalie if you read this where are you? 
  • USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
  • Supposedly our hotel is 16 miles from the convention center.  We have to take several trains to get there.  I have a funny feeling that I am going to get lost and end up in a bad neighborhood.
  • But wouldn't it be awesome if I happened to wander onto the set of Ludacris's new music video?  Think about that.
  • General Conference starts tomorrow.  My goal is to meet an Adventist from Lincoln Nebraska that I've never met before. 
  • I am running into some issues with the internet in the hotel room.  It took me 20 minutes to watch that soccer youtube video (worth it).  If you think this is going to slow down my posting then you don't know me very well.  Tomorrow I am packing the laptop and taking this city on foot.  I think I saw a caribou coffee place that probably has internet connection.  No fear picnickers random junk is still headed your way!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

YES!!! Victory is yours, Big Rich!! ATL is YOUR town for the meantime...well, sorta.

Melissa R said...

Random stuff BETTER be flowing my way consistently. It's a slow week and I need some picnic-esque filler in my life. Also...I've realized that the picnic is a social boost...which I didn't even realize I needed...but I've made 3 friends from your blog alone in the last couple weeks. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

either scott cushman is a giant or that's a tiny laptop.

OR he's texting on a giant cell phone. We'll never know.

Paradise said...

Everybody go check out Scott Cushman's sick new blog, you won't regret it...
cush-it.blogspot.com

Scott said...

I'm like the laptop equivalent of Chris Farley in a little coat.

Don't worry, I still have my Macbook Pro, I just also like having a laptop that fits in a camera bag.