Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Jeans

Ok If you have not followed my blog for more then a couple of months then this will not make any sense to you. If you are one of those few people that have been keeping up with me via twitter, facebook, and this blog then it is finally time for you to gain some understanding with what has been goin on with my jeans. On May 29 of 2009 I bought some jeans. Here is the link. Ever since that day
 I have worn those jeans more then any other article of clothing. When I first bought them I wore them every day for two months. When I first bought them they were so tight that they hurt me to wear them. Jason Odenthal was living at my house at the time and he made fun of me every single day. My wife was worried about her unborn children. But throughout the jokes I still had enough confidence to wear them. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about these jeans but when I bought them the guy who I bought them from told me that I needed to go as long as I could without washing them. Maybe he was thinking that I could only go about 3 months or something. He did not know me very well. Yesterday was June 18. I came home from work because I was very sick. I passed out on my bed and slept all afternoon. I was miserable. When I woke up Natalie informed that while I was sleeping she confiscated my jeans and took them to the dry cleaners. My heart was broken. You see a man and his jeans are very close. And to be completely real those jeans were like a symbol of what this blog is. They have been with me almost since the beginning. They have survived all of the haters. They have pretty much been to every event that I have been to. So here are a few pics of my jeans through the months. A memorial to my unwashed jeans if you will. This is very hard for me.

Here is a picture of me wearing them about a week after I bought them.  I don't know why I had so much confidence wearing them at this time.  They look sprayed on.  Not a good look.  This was taken at Michael Polite's wedding weekend.  When Drew Johnson saw me the first thing he said was "Rich why are you wearing your sister's jeans?"



































This picture was taken after a few months of me wearing them every day. As you can see by this time I was able to have enough movement in them to attempt the "Stanky Leg"

I am wearing the jeans in this picture but I posted it mainly cause Courtney looks dorky. Shout outs to C Guty

If ever there was a moment in history where Log did Log this was it. Also I'm rockin these jeans to death. And it's October and they are beginning to absorb all my sweat.
































These next two pics were taken during the last few days of school. As you can tell they are hanging off of me nastily to quote my lovely wife. I'm swimming in them and they are now by far my favorite pants of all time. I mean I don't think everyone can say that they know the exact pair of pants are their favorite of all time. I will always have that. But I don't know if I'll be able to look them in the eye when they get back from the cleaners.


































































I bought these jeans because after you wear them for a while they are supposed to mold to you. Selvage denim develops a uniqe pattern as it fades. These jeans look way better with age and wear. In this picture you can see that my back pocket is faded around where I always put my wallet. Most people don't think this is cool. I do. When I walked into my bedroom after my house was robbed I saw that all of my jeans had been stolen except for these. That meant something. I mean it did until Natalie sold them off to the steets.

5 comments:

Melissa R said...

Rich - I realize this is a hard time for you, but from all of us out here in the world - thank you, Natalie.

Anonymous said...

ooh! I definitely approve of the 'read more' feature. Makes everything much more streamlined.
I am proud.

Unknown said...

I am honestly...speechless. When I think back on the 5 minutes it took for me to read this story, all I could think about was those painful memories of professors giving me the dumbest subjects to write about, yet...I wrote amazing masterpieces. Here's to future memories with "tight" pants and awkward moments! Just think about how this same pair of pants can start anew-- it's like getting a haircut after months of gnarly surfer hair that only island chicks digg. Yeah, it IS like that.

Did I mention that I am just speechless?

D CRESS said...

I know these jeans better then I know you. I am Sad.

Yarita said...

why haven't i seen these jeans!?