Friday, December 31, 2010

Mailbag/New Years Resolution

It's been a while since I did my last mailbag and the questions have been piling up in the email. So here is my 2010 end of the year mailbag.

Carl from Nebraska City, NE wants to know Big Rich I love reading your blog man.  It is one of my favorite things to do in life.  When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is check to see what is going on in Big Rich's small world lol.

Big Rich:  That's not a question homey.

Virginia from Brooklyn, NY wants to know why are you always tweeting about the 4th floor bathroom and George Gibson?  Why don't you find another bathroom.  Nobody thinks that's funny.  It's gross.

Big Rich:  I have been evaluating my bathroom choices.  It took me this long to realize that the 4th bathroom is just to small and awkward.  I can barely get any privacy up in that mug.  I have found a new location.  The first floor of the Dick building has amazing bathrooms.  When was the last time you used the bathroom on the first floor?  Never right.  That's why I love it.  I can go to the bathroom and then see what's poppin in Campus Ministries.

Debbie from Chadron, NE wants to know when will Michael Paradise be our senior pastor?

Big Rich:  This time next year the kid Mikeydise will be leaving the seminary.  He wants to go to Lincoln, Omaha, or KC he will be heading to an 8 church district in the panhandle of NE.  So its only a matter of time Debbie.

Svetlana from Russia wants to know what was the best meal you had this year?

Big Rich:  That's a great question Svet.  I've had some really good stuff this year.  But it breaks down like this.

5.  Hot Dogs everywhere I went:  I love hot dogs in Chicago.  I love hot dogs at Chiefs games.  But nothing beats a hot dog in Times Square, Mustard only.
4.  Cuban place in Miami:  I love Cuban food because unlike an Adventist potluck they don't drench everything in cheese.  Plus it is always nice to kick it with my boy Junior in Miami.
3.  Brunch at the Green Gateau:  It took 17 hours for our food to get there but that meal was the bomb.
2.  Youngs Thanksgiving:  If you saw the pics of the feast we had here the week before Thanksgiving you probably thought to yourself that the food looked good.  It was.  Tyler tried to stick it through the gap in his teeth.
1.  Angelo's of Mulberry Street:  When we were in Soho Yowit Sr. (Richard Paradise) called me and told me to go down Angelo's and order the Vodka Rigatoni (no liquor in the macs).  I did it was amazing.  After that we walked down the Little Italy Street to a pastry shop and got hooked up.

Judy from Bozeman, MT wants to know any big plans for Lovestopicnic in 2011?

Big Rich:  2010 was the first full year of LTP.  I think it is growing right before our eyes.  2011 is going be crazy.  There will be cat pics and kicks.  Not to mention the 2nd annual Lovestopicnic picnic.  And if you are wondering what that mug is going to look like go watch the wedding at the beginning of Godfather pt 1.

Roger from Lincoln, NE wants to know The Chiefs are in the playoffs.  How do you think this is going to go?  I am excited to see what you will do when they lose.

Big Rich:  I actually haven't thought about this yet Roger.  I'll tell you how it is going to go.  The Chiefs are going to beat the Raiders this weekend giving them the 3 seed.  They will face the NY Jets at Arrowhead.  The game is going to be on Sabbath.  It will start at four in the afternoon.  This way I can drive three hours if I want to watch half of the game.  I will decide that it is not worth it and will have to eat the 95 bucks that i've already spent on the ticket.  Friday night I will not be able to sleep.  Natalie will try to remind me that it is just a game and that I need to calm down.  I will not be calm.  We will have a small to medium sized fight about this.  During church I will be crabby and tired since I didn't get alot of sleep.  I try to take a nap in the afternoon but it just doesn't work.  Natalie will comment that I'm driving everybody crazy and I should just watch the game on Sabbath if I am thinking about it the whole time.  I don't do that.  Everybody knows that's a trap.  The game starts.  I watch in my cave.  Chiefs win!  They beat the Jets and get the first playoff win for the Chiefs since 1994.  The Chiefs are facing the Steelers in round two.  My friendship with Ice is ruined because she doesn't know how serious I am about the Chiefs.  The Chiefs lose but they play a great game.  We chalk it up as a moral victory.  I don't make a video.

Meredith in Baton Rouge, LA wants to know is Jimmy Philips dating someone?

Big Rich:  We are all very proud of Jimmy.  Jimmy is doin it real big.

Cliff from Las Vegas NV wants to know Rich do you have any New Year's resolutions?

Big Rich:  Last year I resolved to floss more.  I did.  I actually got into a flossing habit.  It was cool.  This year I just want to get better in the important things.  I want to be better in all of my relationships.  In all seriousness I want to have a better relationship with God.  I want to have a better relationship with my wife.  I want to have a better relationship with my brother and sister.  I want to have a better relationship with my family.  I think these relationships will affect everything I do with my life.    I am going to get better in these relationships by making them my priorities.  The Chiefs and Jayhawks aren't my priorities.  This blog isn't my priority. My God and my family are. 2010 was amazing. 2011 will be better. 


Thanks to everyone who wrote in.  If you have questions for my next mailbag hit me up riyoung31@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Melissa R said...

Your last answer is where it's at. I'm proud of you. :)

Melissa R said...

Maybe you should consider giving a guest poster like Paradise or IPT one night a week...make that date night for Natalie or something. It'll be like a guest lecturer in class. :)

YCY said...

The last statement about relationships is the best thing one can ever resolve to do. Ask for the Holy Spirit to control you and He will give you the power to strengthen your walk with the Lord and all your relationships. This will also bless the influence you have with all those academy students.

May 2011 be filled with blessings and victories through the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Anonymous said...

we. are. boys.