Sunday, July 26, 2009

#45 Anchorman, 2004

Every year when people get back to school in August they talk about the summer. They ask how it went. What did you do? Where did you go? In then you get in line and you go through the registration process. Finally the time comes for you to put your quote in for the peanut gallery. This is very important and you can make a huge mistake or you can become a hero. I was always from the school of thought that if you put a quote in you would never get a date. So I left it blank. I thought this way because year after year I would see guys put something in that they thought was so funny. Only to find out that when the peanut gallery came out a month and a half later their quote either didn't make sense or was just corny. Its very hard to find that perfect quote. Sometimes I like to look at the past peanut gallerys to see what the guys of that time thought was funny. In the fall of 2004 Anchorman took over the peanut gallery. Anchorman was a movement. You could quote Anchorman anytime for anything. Guys were quoting Anchorman in the peanut gallery left and right. Quotes like "When this all gets sorted out I think you and me should get an apartment together", "60% of the time it works every time","I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you". The line that was quoted more then any other for guys was "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany". The first time I saw this movie I thought that it was ok. I laughed a little bit. But once I started hearing the quotes over and over again the movie became funnier and funnier. The next time I saw it I thought it was hilarious. Its one of those movies that represents a time period of my life. Ever since that movie came out I have always thought that diversity was an old wooden ship. And that San Diego was a german word. And I can always agree to disagree.



No comments: