Monday, July 20, 2009

#50 Glory, 1989

Well we made it to the Halfway point. We can't go back now. The summer is winding now and I feel pretty good about the back 50. It took courage for some of you to get to this point. Some of you got mad at me. Some of you wanted to turn around. But I know at least one time so far in this countdown you have said something like "Yeah that is a good movie". If you have not seen some of your favorite movies on the list yet one of two things has probably happened. Either I really love that movie and it will be in the bottom half. Or you have terrible taste. We shall find out in the next month and a half. I think it is fitting to have Glory as my #50 movie. This movie really does make grown men cry. You can't help but get a little emotional when Denzel is getting whipped. The ending is one of the most powerful that you will ever see. This scene is my favorite in the movie. It is right before the big battle at the end. These men knew that things were not looking good for them and they had the courage to fight together.

No comments: