Friday, July 31, 2009

Blog Spotlight of day Justin Henry


What can I say about my dude Justin that hasn't already been said about the bathrooms in Culver. Justin Henry is to my life what Marilyn Manson is to kids who cut themselves. He goes by alot of names. J, J Henny, J Hen, Henny no chaser, Henny and Coke, the prom date, shaggy, latin lover, and Justin. He lives by several creeds. His main one being you go street you get beat. After I saw that this was true I stopped going street. Which has really impacted my life. If I could tell you one thing about Justin that you didn't know it would be that he takes no prisnoners. For example one time Justin and I were beating up this kid on the corner of 56th and Calvert when I decided that enough was enough. I said "Justin we've hurt this kid pretty badly I think we need to go ahead and take him prisoner." Justin turned to me and gave me a look that was so gangster that I have never looked him in the eye since then and said "Rich maybe you don't know this about me about me but I TAKE NO PRISONERS". If I had to say something about his basketball skills I would say that his defense is wak. Truth be told Justin is my guy. Ever since he came to Union we have been pals. Basketball games (either against each other or Warriors) would not have been the same without him.

10 comments:

Jimmy Phillips said...

Rich: "his d is wak"

Laymans terms: "Justin shut me down in my prime."

Big Rich said...

Don't do it Jimmy. Everyone was getting along fine. I will say this. I don't think anyone at Union shut me down in my prime. My prime was before these last two years. But Justin certainly did contain me. Like how your team contained me with your three guys on me.

Anonymous said...

Don't go there Rich. Jimmy outcoached, outplayed, and out-jimmied-you in that epic intramural game. Fact is, Jimmy Phillips is the only guy, check that man, to hand me a loss in the last three years of my intramural career.

Laymans terms: "Jimmy will always be in his prime."

-Seth G.

Big Rich said...

Jimmy is so sick he has now taken the spotlight from Justin and now its about Jimmy. Justin I'm keepin it about you homey!

Jimmy Phillips said...

Seth, for a couple of minutes I was thinking what a homey u were--and then I realized u were making fun of me. It's okay, really. It's what I expect. Kind of like that time u punched me in the face.

Rich, for the record, u actually brought me up. I did not say "I" or any Seinfeld-esque third-party jimmy references.

Big Rich said...

I don't think Seth was messing with you Jimmy. You beat his team in intramurals. I want to hear about this.

Jimmy Phillips said...

Well, I believe it was my Junior year. Which explains why I don't remember it since I banned that one from all memory.

But if I recall, that was when the boys made the mistake of putting a way-past-his-prime Jason Odenthal on me for the whole first half. I mean, I'm talking Patrick-Ewing-past-his-prime. I don't think I even thought about passing the entire first half. Then again, I could be mixing up my years or games. Seth, I'm sure, remembers it better than I.

The only individual games I really remember from college were when we beat one Richard Young's team. Including handing Dis House an opening night loss in my first intramural game either. Me, Adam Piersanti, Jacob New and John McCauley. Although, in actuality, I'm glad they won that season because their championship produced the single greatest ClockTower article ever and my coming out party as a sports writer. In fact, Rich, I still have that. You should post that sometime for nostalgia's sake.

Anonymous said...

This is how much of a gamer Jimmy is. My only loss in three years was a life-altering moment for me; yet for Jimmy it barely registered as a small blip on his radar. The only thing Jimmy recalled correctly about that game was "I don't think I even thought about passing the entire first half"....(or the rest of the season).
-Seth G.

Big Rich said...

Jimmy You have to send me that articel. I have the hard copy somewhere but It looks pretty bad. I will post that mug. There will be joy in the land.

Jimmy Phillips said...

I will send it to you on your yahoo email address. I can't wait, this is like a 2004-2005 online reunion. Now all we need are those Rees popularity contest emails where Stephanie Vercio spilled pancake batter on Rich's new KC Royals hat.