Thursday, July 23, 2009

Facebook Situations

A couple of facebook situations came to a head today. I like facebook and its fun to cruise around and see whats goin on with the homeys. I usually don't have many issues with the site. If I ever have any sticky situations they usually involve adding friends. For the most part I usually don't add people. Unless I don't think that a certain person would be able to find me and I run across them. Like for example an elementary school buddy that wouldn't be friends with anyone that I know now. I'll go ahead and add them. But we have all been there. You see someone on the site and you start thinking "Should I add them?" "Why haven't they added me?" "If I add them will they say yes?" "How bad would it hurt my feelings if they didn't add me?" It could drive you crazy. So when anyone adds me I usually confirm them. No problems. My problems come with that stupid thingy thats always is suggesting friends. This feature has some nerve. Always pretending to know me. This thing thinks it knows who I hang out with. Its usually way off. Lately it has been suggesting the same dude over and over again. I think I see this guy's picture eighteen times a day. Usually I would just go ahead and add this person. But I just haven't felt like doin that. Why should I add. If this guy was my friend he would add me right? Viscious cycle. If I am seeing his picture all the time is he seeing mine? So today I happen to run into this guy and we spent a couple hours together. We are friends and it isn't awkward so I decided to make it awkward and ask him a question. So I said "dude am I on your suggested friend thingy on facebook alot? Cause you are on mine every single day. He looked at me and replied "dude I see you more then my wife. You are on there all the time." You see we were at what you call a facebook stalemate. Everytime I was looking at his picture he was looking at mine but neither one of us wanted to pull the trigger. So my question was answered. Whenever you get a friend suggestion they are getting your picture to. Let the stalemating begin. And something else happened with the friend suggesting feature the other day. Out of nowhere it had one of my former girlfriends on there. So I thought to myself does facebook know something I don't? Are me and this girl cool now? Why would they suggest her if they thought it would be bad? Maybe enough years have passed and we can be friends again. I know it was a bad breakup but facebook wouldn't mess me up like that. Or would they? At this time I did not have the convenience of the knowledge that this girl was probably getting my picture on her thingy. I decided that facebook might not have heard the whole story and decided to sit that one out. Now that I know that she was seeing my picture to and didn't add me I feel better that I didn't add her. Are we all confused yet? Ok one more thing. Have you ever gotten a notification that says that such and such has accepted your friend request and you don't even remember adding them? That can only mean one of two things. Either you are up way to late adding people and you don't remember who you are adding or you did this friend request so long ago that you forgot that you did it. That means your add has been in limbo for a long time. Its like your friendship offer has been in facebook purgatory while this person who you requested has pondered if he should accept it. You know if it takes you more then twelve seconds to decide if we are friends then don't accept my request. And definitely don't accept it three months later so I know that you have been thinking about it for that long. Please don't do me any favors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about getting off Facebook. No decisions to make. Peace.
ycy

Miriam said...

I just thought Mami said "Peace" as in "Peace out" and I laughed sooo hard! PS: this blog is more confusing than medical school.
I'm out!