Saturday, July 25, 2009

#46 No Country for Old Men, 2007

I hear alot of people complain about this movie. They never like the ending. I like to tell them that its not always about the ending. Its about the ride it took to get there. The journey that you take in this movie is pulse pounding. Its a kind of thriller that you are not used to. You are nervous the whole movie and there are scenes that are terrifying. I love the way this movie was filmed and I love the Coen Brothers. I don't think that I am smarter then you because I like them. I just think that they make very interesting movies in their own personal style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

most people go to movies for the explosions/skin/fart-humor, etc. A movie that makes you think about fate and existential themes doesn't always go over well with especially when it's not wrapped up like a Michael Bay movie at the end with everyone sitting on the end of an ambulance smiling at each other...this movie is one you have to watch over and over again to peel the layers...the beauty of it is that it brings up these subjects through funny (dark funny) colloquial speak. Texas never sounded so good to me.

I just heard another Cormack McCarthy book is gonna be made into a book: The Road. With Viggo Mortensen in it.

good call about the journey, now you're thinking like an abstract expressionist!
-ed,