Sunday, July 19, 2009

A few notes



So I don't have enough to blog about one thing in particular but here are a few things that I have been thinking.

1. I am really sad that Tom Watson did not win the Open Championship today. He would have made history as the oldest guy to ever win a major championship. He is also from Kansas City and I have seen him play golf behind my house many times. So I have to pull for the local boy. If he would have won it would have really helped out the local sports scene.

2. Speaking of the local sports scene I am done with the Royals. I don't even know why I watch any of their games. From now on I just watch to see Alex Gordon and Zack Grienke. Football season can't come fast enough.

3. I just finished a biography about Muhammed Ali. Who is a bigger sports icon Muhammed Ali or Michael Jordan. Its a tough one but I would have to go with Ali. My reason is that Ali shaped the times that he was in. The sixties were Muhammed Ali and Muhammed Ali was the sixties. He may not have been the smartest guy ever but he had courage and he stood up for what he believed in. He had it all and he put it all on the line for his religion.

4. So far I have been disapointed with the movies this summer. The Hangover and Up were great but everything else has left me a little disapointed. This in no way compares to last summer. I am still looking foward to 500 days of summer, Funny People, Inglorious Basterds, The Hurt Locker, and the Goods live hard Sell hard.

5. I have been reading alot more this summer and I really believe that reading really awakens your mind, more then most anything.

6. Drizzy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you brotha-man. I've been devouring books this summer. Trying to take more pics, walks, and less tv.

The Hangover was the last movie I saw. Something was very "dude, where's my car" about it, but Zach Galifinakis is one of my favorite stand-up dudes, so I had to see it.

That 500 Days of Summer looks interesting, mostly visually. Let's see how the flashback, memento-style works for an anti-love story about love.

That reminds me, have you ever seen The Infinite Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? I love that movie. Wanna hear your take.

Here's my quick take on it: it's genius how it shows a man's heart breaking while it's showing you how his love for the girl came to be. It's going backwards and forward all at once.

What's Drizzy?

-ed•m

Anonymous said...

Ooops, meant "Eternal Sunshine" Not "infinite" -ed

Anonymous said...

500 days of summer is awesome, and so is hurt locker. We watched both of them when we were in dallas on sunday. Giddity Goo!

-Justin